Home Windows Tint Malaysia
There are a lot of window films in Malaysia. Brands like V-KOOL, 3M, Hüper Optik, LLumar, ECOTINT, Solar Gard, Air Cool, Armorcoat… However, which car tinting to choose is the question that I am facing right now. I did some researches online. And narrow down into 4 popular brands ~ V-KOOL, 3M, Hüper Optik and LLumar.
Window Film Glossary
Visible Light Transmission (VLT)
– The percent of total visible light that is transmitted through the window film/glass system. The lower the number the less visible light transmitted.
InfraRed (IR) Rejection
– Infrared light form the sun is only a portion of the solar spectrum which provides heat through a window. It is important not to confuse IR Rejection with TSER (total solar energy rejection) which is the true indicator of how much energy will be blocked from entering your building.
UltraViolet (UV) Rejection
– Indicates the amount of ultraviolet (UV) energy that is blocked from passing through the glass. UltraViolet is Light having a shorter wavelength and higher energy than visible light. Ultraviolet light is potentially damaging to library, archive and museum objects. Removing UV light can reduce the rate of deterioration. Certain acrylic sheets have UV filtering chemicals built into them.
Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER)
– The percent of total solar energy (heat) rejected by the window film/glass system. The higher the number, the more total solar energy (heat) rejected.
Visible Light Reflectance (VLR)
– The percent of total visible light that is reflected by the window film/glass system. The lower the number the less visible light reflected.
Which window film to choose at Malaysia? Based on JPJ Malaysia Installation of Tinted Glass Rules, front windscreen should permit not less than 70% light transmission, while the back windscreen and side windows should permit not less than 50% light transmission. Most of the car windows block certain amount of light already. Therefore, when adding with window film, it might not pass JPJ guideline. And most of window film manufacturers do not cover / pay JPJ summon but sales agent says yes on marketing tactics. Do take note on that.
Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) is the most important factor to block heat from sun. The higher TSER == the better it will reduce heat. Another factor to consider ~ security. There are certain window films provide security feature with thicker film (from 4 mil to 8 mil). Select wisely on which type of tinting that match your need.
By the way, some of the window films are not SmartTAG and GPS friendly. Do check it with sales agent before install it on your car.