Home Depot Windows Tint
Window film blocks radiant heat flow, keeping hot air out in the summer making it easier for your air conditioner to do its job. This is especially beneficial in homes with older or inexpensive windows that aren’t very efficient in blocking heat or UV rays.
- For privacy, choose a darker film that’s hard to see through from the outside.
- Security film imbues windows with greater strength to help prevent shattering.
- For windows made of something other than glass, look for film that features multi-surface adhesion.
- Some films are designed for application to curved surfaces, which is ideal for round or concave windows.
- The longer a film’s warranty, the better chance it will continue to perform at a high level for an extended period of time. Look for film that’s warrantied against bubbling, cracking and fading for maximum performance.
- Film that can be removed and reused can come in handy if you live in a climate that experiences mild winters that don't require as much protection as the hot summers. However, most films provide protection all year and should be left up through the seasons. This feature is also available for many decorative films.
Window films are available in a number of types, each of which is designed to provide different benefits. Some types are specifically designed to block UV rays and keep out heat. Others are designed to tint windows for privacy or enhance a window’s strength to prevent it from being easily cracked.