Auto Windows Tinting Supplies
Apply for a business license to start a window tinting business.
Start a profitable window tinting business by offering tinting services for vehicles and windows in homes and commercial locations. Vehicle window tinting is a popular way for customers to update their vehicle without having to spend a lot of money. Home or office window tinting helps reduce glare. Offer professional consulting services to gain customer trust and loyalty. Provide customer testimonials and photos of tinting services during the consultation. Ask for referrals from satisfied customers to increase sales.
1. Apply for a business license to start a window tinting business by contacting the county clerk's office or small business administration office in your area. Apply for an Employer Identification Number through the Internal Revenue Service. Use the EIN on tax forms, business registration forms or other business documents. Register your window tinting business as a limited liability company, partnership or corporation through your state's secretary of state's office. Apply for a sales tax number to collect sales tax from customers by contacting your state's department of revenue.
2. Lease commercial retail space with garage to perform window tinting on vehicles. This space should be large enough to store equipment and supplies, and provide a safe place to complete tinting on cars, trucks, boats and RV's. If providing tinting services for windows in homes and commercial locations, choose a space that allows you to comfortably meet with customers to discuss tinting options.
3. Purchase window tinting equipment and supplies. Hire employees who have the skills to apply window tinting professionally and quickly.
4. Market window tinting services to local businesses, such as car dealerships, auto detailing shops, repair shops, home improvement stores, home remodeling companies and commercial retailers. List tinting services in local business directories. Attend local home improvement or auto trade shows to showcase your services. Create a website, fliers and business cards that include your contact information and hours of operation.
- Increase sales by offering to perform window tinting services for vehicles at the customer's home.
- Contact your local department of motor vehicles to learn more about vehicle window tinting regulations as some states only allow light to medium tinting applications.